Employment, Internships and Auditions
Skylight Music Theatre has completed General Auditions for the 2015-2016 season. Thank you.
Donor Engagement and Special Events Manager
The Donor Engagement and Special Events Manager is responsible for donor relations, cultivation and special fundraising events. This position works closely with the other development and marketing staff members, board and volunteers. The position also provides individual donor services and benefits, and works with corporate sponsors to ensure benefit fulfillment. Additionally, the Donor Engagement and Special Events Manager is responsible for managing the details of rental events at the Broadway Theatre Center. A commitment to the highest levels of professionalism and adherence to the fundraising code of ethics and donor bill of rights is required. View Full Job Description Here
Working closely with, and reporting to, the executive director, the business manager is solely responsible for the accounting and budgeting operations of Skylight. Additionally, the business manager handles all employee benefit and other personnel issues. Operating on an annual budget of approximately $3.5 million, the business manager is a key member of the senior staff of Skylight. View full description here
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development will take a creative and collaborative approach to cultivating and obtaining the contributed financial resources necessary to support the mission of Skylight Music Theatre. He/She is responsible for building a sustainable donor and prospect pipeline to promote increased donor engagement with Skylight’s mission. Working closely with the other members of the senior leadership team, the Director of Development also fills a key strategic role within the organization by helping to define and articulate the strategic priorities of the organization. A commitment to the highest levels of professionalism in the field of development is required. Adherence to the fundraising code of ethics and donor bill of rights along with thorough understanding of fundraising principles are mandatory. View full job posting here.
Interested individuals should submit (email preferred) a cover letter with resume to:
Jack R. Lemmon
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
The Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee’s nationally acclaimed professional opera and music theatre company, seeks applicants for Scenic Carpenter. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, job duties include construction, installation and removal of scenic elements for 7 main stage and 3 studio productions per season. The ideal candidate will be proficient in a wide variety of scenic construction techniques including rough and finish carpentry, welding & metal fabrication, rigging, mechanics and automation, as well as being diligent, organized, collaborative, positive and professional.
This position ASAP and is a full time benefited position. Skylight Music Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, references and work samples/website link to Ruth Conrad-Proulx, Associate Director of Production, RuthCP@skylightmusictheatre.org
Skylight Music Theatre, 158 North Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Skylight Music Theater seeks seasonal Assistant House Manager to oversee front of house operations for various theatre events at the Broadway Theatre Center.
Qualifications: 2-3 years customer service and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, enjoys working with ushers and patrons, the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, ability to work with little supervision or independently and composure under high-stress situations in addition to standard job duties as posted below.
Previous House Management experience preferred. The applicant must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday Afternoon and/or Evening shifts (rotating schedule).
Applicants able to cover some Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Matinee shifts are preferred in addition to standard shifts. The position is available to start late January 2015.
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Lee Caracci, House Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 N. Broadway Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS
Public Relations Internship
- Skylight Music Theatre is seeking a public relations intern to assist our busy marketing and communications department.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing, researching and proofreading promotional materials
- Coordinating press lists and press requests
- Assisting with media pitching, press outreach and media events
- Tracking media articles and reviews
- Creating and updating social media posts
- Updating website press room
- Other communications-related duties
- Organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated and interested in the arts
- Knowledge of strategic marketing concepts and public relations principles
- Unpaid, but class credit may be available for those pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, advertising, communications or similar field
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week. Flexible during business hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Interns receive tickets to all Skylight productions
- Night and weekend hours may be involved but not required.
About Skylight Music Theatre
- Our mission is to bring the full spectrum of musical theatre works to a wide and diverse audience in celebration of the musical and theatrical arts and their reflection of the human condition.
- Skylight Music Theatre is located in the Broadway Theatre Center in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Susan Heymann, Director of Marketing, email@example.com
Due to the number of applications, we regretfully can not reply to every applicant.
Fundraising and Special Events Internship
The fundraising and special events intern will work with the Development staff doing the following:
- Planning, implementing and participating in any fundraising events during internship
- Assist with planning of special events, including meeting with event committees, generating new ideas and attending event meetings. Help increase quality of events
- Aid Special Events Manager with tasks for each special event. Some events include Taste of the Ward and Skylight Tonight
- Help with special events mailings, publication design, logistical tasks for events, phone calls related to donations and other tasks as determined necessary by Special Events Manager
To be considered, candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills and be pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Must also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. This internship is unpaid, however, academic credit is available. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired. Some weeknights and weekends will be required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Donor Relations & Special Events Manager, Paul Fredrich.
Marketing & Events Intern
The marketing & event intern will work with the Marketing staff doing the following:
- Community outreach
- Maintaining ongoing communication projects
- Copy writing and editing for promotional materials
- Assisting with data entry
- Distribution of flyers
- Fulfillment of donation requests
- Organize marketing materials for archival purposes
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Excel and should also have an interest in the arts. This is internship is unpaid and requires a candidates pursuing a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Strong organization is a must. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups is desired.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and any work samples to Audience Development Manager, Mara McGhee.
Graphic Design Intern – Fall/Spring/Summer
The graphic design intern will work with the staff doing the following:
- Design materials for shows such as print ads, web ads, fliers, posters, postcards, brochures and newsletters.
- Work on a variety of special event projects. Interns in the past have created invitations and programs for Skylight’s annual gala, materials for the Broadway Theatre Center Open House and pieces for unique marketing and development campaigns.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Transportation to the Broadway Theatre Center
This is internship is unpaid.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Kendall Judy.
High School Internships
If you are in High School and would like to apply for an internship, please contact: