Employment, Internships and Auditions
We have held local auditions for the coming season. If more are needed we will re-post. We had a great turnout, thanks everyone.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Skylight Music Theater seeks seasonal Assistant House Manager to oversee front of house operations for various theatre events at the Broadway Theatre Center.
Qualifications: 2-3 years customer service and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, enjoys working with ushers and patrons, the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, ability to work with little supervision or independently and composure under high-stress situations in addition to standard job duties as posted below.
Previous House Management experience preferred. The applicant must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday Afternoon and/or Evening shifts (rotating schedule).
Applicants able to cover some Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Matinee shifts are preferred in addition to standard shifts. The position is available to start late January 2015.
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Lee Caracci, House Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 N. Broadway Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
NO PHONE CALLS.
Marketing & Events Intern – Fall/Spring
The marketing & event intern will work with the Marketing staff doing the following:
- Community outreach
- Maintaining ongoing communication projects
- Copy writing and editing for promotional materials
- Assisting with data entry
- Distribution of flyers
- Fulfillment of donation requests
- Organize marketing materials for archival purposes
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Excel and should also have an interest in the arts. This is internship is unpaid and requires a candidates pursuing a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Strong organization is a must. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and any work samples to Marketing Manager, Katie Berg.
Graphic Design Intern – Fall/Spring/Summer
The graphic design intern will work with the staff doing the following:
- Design materials for shows such as print ads, web ads, fliers, posters, postcards, brochures and newsletters.
- Work on a variety of special event projects. Interns in the past have created invitations and programs for Skylight’s annual gala, materials for the Broadway Theatre Center Open House and pieces for unique marketing and development campaigns.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Transportation to the Broadway Theatre Center
This is internship is unpaid.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Katie Berg.
High School Internships
If you are in High School and would like to apply for an internship, please contact: