Employment, Internships and Auditions
Skylight Music Theatre has completed General Auditions for the 2015-2016 season. Thank you.
Skylight Music Theatre is seeking an Executive Director to serve as chief executive officer, overseeing all aspects of the organization, including strategic planning, fund development, and administration.
Skylight Music Theatre, a non-profit performing arts organization with a $3.5 million budget, has established a reputation for broad and adventuresome repertoire, encompassing music theatre in all of its forms and always in English in fulfillment of its mission – to bring the full spectrum of music theatre works to a wide and diverse audience.
The Executive Director leads Skylight toward the achievement of Skylight’s strategic, fundraising and operational goals and objectives, actively communicating these goals to staff, Board and the community.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree strongly preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of senior management experience. The candidate should possess strong leadership abilities and strategic skills as well as proven success in financial management and fundraising.
Additional position information can be found here: Skylight Music Theatre Executive Director Position
Send letter of interest, resume, references, and compensation requirements to:
Cindy Haas, Finance Director, Skylight Music Theatre, 158 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202, email@example.com by February 15, 2015.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Skylight Music Theater seeks seasonal Assistant House Manager to oversee front of house operations for various theatre events at the Broadway Theatre Center.
Qualifications: 2-3 years customer service and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, enjoys working with ushers and patrons, the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, ability to work with little supervision or independently and composure under high-stress situations in addition to standard job duties as posted below.
Previous House Management experience preferred. The applicant must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday Afternoon and/or Evening shifts (rotating schedule).
Applicants able to cover some Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Matinee shifts are preferred in addition to standard shifts. The position is available to start late January 2015.
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Lee Caracci, House Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 N. Broadway Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
NO PHONE CALLS.
Fundraising and Special Events Internship
The fundraising and special events intern will work with the Development staff doing the following:
- Planning, implementing and participating in any fundraising events during internship
- Assist with planning of special events, including meeting with event committees, generating new ideas and attending event meetings. Help increase quality of events
- Aid Special Events Manager with tasks for each special event. Some events include Taste of the Ward and Skylight Tonight
- Help with special events mailings, publication design, logistical tasks for events, phone calls related to donations and other tasks as determined necessary by Special Events Manager
To be considered, candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills and be pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Must also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. This internship is unpaid, however, academic credit is available. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired. Some weeknights and weekends will be required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Donor Relations & Special Events Manager, Paul Fredrich.
Marketing & Events Intern – Fall/Spring
The marketing & event intern will work with the Marketing staff doing the following:
- Community outreach
- Maintaining ongoing communication projects
- Copy writing and editing for promotional materials
- Assisting with data entry
- Distribution of flyers
- Fulfillment of donation requests
- Organize marketing materials for archival purposes
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Excel and should also have an interest in the arts. This is internship is unpaid and requires a candidates pursuing a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Strong organization is a must. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and any work samples to Marketing Manager, Katie Behrend Berg.
Graphic Design Intern – Fall/Spring/Summer
The graphic design intern will work with the staff doing the following:
- Design materials for shows such as print ads, web ads, fliers, posters, postcards, brochures and newsletters.
- Work on a variety of special event projects. Interns in the past have created invitations and programs for Skylight’s annual gala, materials for the Broadway Theatre Center Open House and pieces for unique marketing and development campaigns.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Transportation to the Broadway Theatre Center
This is internship is unpaid.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Katie Behrend Berg.
High School Internships
If you are in High School and would like to apply for an internship, please contact: