Employment, Internships and Auditions
We currently do not have any auditions coming up. Please check back for up to the minute information.
RESIDENT TEACHING ARTIST
To serve as the Resident Teaching Artist in Milwaukee Public Schools and assist the Education Manager with administrative duties. The mission of the Skylight Music Theatre Education Department is to provide access to learners of all ages to the collaborative artistic process inherent in the creation of musical theatre works, in order to illuminate the connection to their community and to themselves. Click here for the full description.
To direct the Enlighten Education program in the schools, overseeing all staffing and educational activities in support of the mission of the Skylight Music Theatre Education Department, which is to provide access to learners of all ages to the collaborative artistic process inherent in the creation of musical theatre works, in order to illuminate the connection to their community and to themselves. Click here for the full description.
GROUP SALES/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Group Sales/Community Engagement Manager is responsible for increasing and managing group sales to Skylight Music Theatre performances through an aggressive group sales program, special events and community engagement programs for Skylight Music Theatre. See the full description here.
BOX OFFICE PERSONNEL
The Broadway Theatre Center (BTC) Box Office is looking for individuals to join our team. We are the first point of contact most patrons have with the BTC, and employees must provide the highest quality of customer service to not only our patrons, but to all theatre companies in the building. We provide ticketing and basic customer service to three theatre companies; Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre and Renaissance Theatreworks. Must have evening and weekend availability. Pay is minimum wage plus two tickets to every performance at the BTC. Please visit us at 158 N. Broadway to fill out an application. We are here between noon and 6, Monday through Saturday, and 2 hours before every performance.
The House Manager for the Broadway Theatre Center is responsible that all front-of-house operations are conducted in a safe, courteous, and professional manner. The House Manager schedules, trains, recruits and supervises the Assistant House Managers and volunteer usher corps. See the full description here.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Skylight Music Theater seeks seasonal Assistant House Manager to oversee front of house operations for various theatre events at the Broadway Theatre Center.
Qualifications: 2-3 years customer service and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, enjoys working with ushers and patrons, the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, ability to work with little supervision or independently and composure under high-stress situations in addition to standard job duties as posted below.
Previous House Management experience preferred. The applicant must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday Afternoon and/or Evening shifts (rotating schedule).
Applicants able to cover some Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Matinee shifts are preferred in addition to standard shifts. The position is available to start late January 2015.
Public Relations AND Marketing Internship- Fall Semester
- Skylight Music Theatre is seeking a public relations intern to assist our busy marketing and communications department. We are currently taking applications for the full semester.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing, researching and proofreading promotional materials
- Coordinating press lists and press requests
- Assisting with media pitching, press outreach and media events
- Tracking media articles and reviews
- Creating and updating social media posts
- Updating website press room
- Community Outreach
- Other communications-related duties
- Organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated and interested in the arts
- Knowledge of strategic marketing concepts and public relations principles
- Unpaid, but class credit may be available for those pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, advertising, communications or similar field
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week. Flexible during business hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Interns receive tickets to all Skylight productions
- Night and weekend hours may be involved but not required.
About Skylight Music Theatre
- Our mission is to bring the full spectrum of musical theatre works to a wide and diverse audience in celebration of the musical and theatrical arts and their reflection of the human condition.
- Skylight Music Theatre is located in the Broadway Theatre Center in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Susan Heymann, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising and Special Events Internship
The fundraising and special events intern will work with the Development staff doing the following:
- Planning, implementing and participating in any fundraising events during internship
- Assist with planning of special events, including meeting with event committees, generating new ideas and attending event meetings. Help increase quality of events
- Aid Special Events Manager with tasks for each special event. Some events include Taste of the Ward and Skylight Tonight
- Help with special events mailings, publication design, logistical tasks for events, phone calls related to donations and other tasks as determined necessary by Special Events Manager
To be considered, candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills and be pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Must also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. This internship is unpaid, however, academic credit is available. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired. Some weeknights and weekends will be required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Donor Relations & Special Events Manager, Megan Maikowski.
Graphic Design Intern – Fall/Spring/Summer
The graphic design intern will work with the staff doing the following:
- Design materials for shows such as print ads, web ads, fliers, posters, postcards, brochures and newsletters.
- Work on a variety of special event projects. Interns in the past have created invitations and programs for Skylight’s annual gala, materials for the Broadway Theatre Center Open House and pieces for unique marketing and development campaigns.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Transportation to the Broadway Theatre Center
This internship is unpaid.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Kendall Judy.
High School Internships
If you are in High School and would like to apply for an internship, please contact: