Employment, Internships and Auditions
Skylight Music Theatre has completed General Auditions for the 2015-2016 season. Thank you.
Skylight Music Theatre is seeking an Executive Director to serve as chief executive officer, overseeing all aspects of the organization, including strategic planning, fund development, and administration.
Skylight Music Theatre, a non-profit performing arts organization with a $3.5 million budget, has established a reputation for broad and adventuresome repertoire, encompassing music theatre in all of its forms and always in English in fulfillment of its mission – to bring the full spectrum of music theatre works to a wide and diverse audience.
The Executive Director leads Skylight toward the achievement of Skylight’s strategic, fundraising and operational goals and objectives, actively communicating these goals to staff, Board and the community.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree strongly preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of senior management experience. The candidate should possess strong leadership abilities and strategic skills as well as proven success in financial management and fundraising.
Additional position information can be found here: Skylight Music Theatre Executive Director Position
Send letter of interest, resume, references, and compensation requirements to:
Cindy Haas, Finance Director, Skylight Music Theatre, 158 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202, firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2015.
ANNUAL CAMPAIGN MANAGER
(Regular, Full-time, 100%)
Director of Development
Skylight Music Theatre seeks an Annual Campaign Manager to assist the Development Department in meeting annual fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will be deadline oriented, team player, with strong experience in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software. Knowledge of fund development principles.
Primary responsibilities include: managing day-to-day operations of the donor records system, including tracking and implementation of the Annual Campaign. Passion for theatre a plus.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of the annual fundraising campaign in collaboration with the Development Department.
- Oversee design of all annual campaign materials including writing and design of all campaign letters and support materials.
- Develop and oversee mail solicitations, email telefunding campaigns.
- Prepare donor acknowledgements, campaign reports and statistics.
- Coordinate volunteer solicitors for annual campaign.
- Maintain budget spreadsheets of fundraising goals.
- Responsible for managing database operations, including donor records and mailing lists
- Enter pledges in Raiser’s Edge for all campaigns.
- Execute weekly batching: includes the entering of all donations, preparation of acknowledgements, and filing donor letters.
- Compile donor and box office lists as necessary.
- Donor prospect research
- Build, strengthen and solidify donor relationships through communication and cultivation.
- Work alongside Development Events Manager to help coordinate donor and donor cultivation events.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective donor cultivation tracking mechanisms.
- Maintain relationships with others in the field in order to augment awareness of philanthropic issues and trends.
- Other responsibilities.
- Assist with special events and provision of donor recognition and benefits.
- Attend staff meetings, development events, committee meetings and other Skylight functions as requested.
- Maintain good working relationships wit the members of the Board of Directors and Skylight Advocates
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Director or Managing Director.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in annual giving programs
Specific skills: Proficiency in word processing and Raiser’s Edge; experience working with volunteers on annual campaigns; strong writing and communication skills
Review of applications will begin February 27, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Please
send a cover letter, current resume and three references to
Becca Kitelinger, Development Director at BeccaK@skylightmusictheatre.org.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
Skylight Music Theater seeks seasonal Assistant House Manager to oversee front of house operations for various theatre events at the Broadway Theatre Center.
Qualifications: 2-3 years customer service and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, enjoys working with ushers and patrons, the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, ability to work with little supervision or independently and composure under high-stress situations in addition to standard job duties as posted below.
Previous House Management experience preferred. The applicant must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday Afternoon and/or Evening shifts (rotating schedule).
Applicants able to cover some Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Matinee shifts are preferred in addition to standard shifts. The position is available to start late January 2015.
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Lee Caracci, House Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 N. Broadway Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
NO PHONE CALLS.
Finance Assistant (Part Time – 16 to 20 hours/week)
Provide accounting support to the staff of the Skylight Music Theatre
- Maintain accounts payable including: tracking, preparation for payment, cutting checks, researching delinquent invoices, and coordinates collection of receipts for credit card charges.
- Maintenance of tenant leases and accounts receivable functions associated with those leases.
- All accounts receivable billing.
- Making bank deposits and entering the general journal entries associated with those deposits.
- Reconciliation of Box Office receipts and transactions.
- Answers main phone line and greets visitors to the administration offices.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the Finance Director.
Education: Minimum of associate degree (or equivalent experience). Bachelor degree preferred.
Experience: Accounts payable/receivables experience and office management is a plus, but not required
Special Skills:Proficiency in accounting systems and spreadsheets.Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively and respect the ideas of others is essential.Maintain confidentiality.
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Cindy Haas, Finance Director, Skylight Music Theatre, 158 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202, email@example.com
Fundraising and Special Events Internship
The fundraising and special events intern will work with the Development staff doing the following:
- Planning, implementing and participating in any fundraising events during internship
- Assist with planning of special events, including meeting with event committees, generating new ideas and attending event meetings. Help increase quality of events
- Aid Special Events Manager with tasks for each special event. Some events include Taste of the Ward and Skylight Tonight
- Help with special events mailings, publication design, logistical tasks for events, phone calls related to donations and other tasks as determined necessary by Special Events Manager
To be considered, candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills and be pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Must also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. This internship is unpaid, however, academic credit is available. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired. Some weeknights and weekends will be required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Donor Relations & Special Events Manager, Paul Fredrich.
Marketing & Events Intern – Fall/Spring
The marketing & event intern will work with the Marketing staff doing the following:
- Community outreach
- Maintaining ongoing communication projects
- Copy writing and editing for promotional materials
- Assisting with data entry
- Distribution of flyers
- Fulfillment of donation requests
- Organize marketing materials for archival purposes
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Excel and should also have an interest in the arts. This is internship is unpaid and requires a candidates pursuing a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, event planning, communications or similar field. Strong organization is a must. Experience with arts, cultural or non-profit groups and access to a car is desired.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and any work samples to Marketing Manager, Katie Behrend Berg.
Graphic Design Intern – Fall/Spring/Summer
The graphic design intern will work with the staff doing the following:
- Design materials for shows such as print ads, web ads, fliers, posters, postcards, brochures and newsletters.
- Work on a variety of special event projects. Interns in the past have created invitations and programs for Skylight’s annual gala, materials for the Broadway Theatre Center Open House and pieces for unique marketing and development campaigns.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design.
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Transportation to the Broadway Theatre Center
This is internship is unpaid.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and work samples to Katie Behrend Berg.
High School Internships
If you are in High School and would like to apply for an internship, please contact: