The safety of our patrons, performers, crews, and staff is our priority as we work to once again present live theatre. These protocols follow all CDC and governmental guidelines and have been created with the help of local medical physicians, national arts organizations, and other experts. All plans are subject to change.
All plans are subject to change. Protocols will be revised pending updates from government officials, the status of Covid-19 in the community, advice from medical professionals and other factors to protect health and safety.
Our Commitment to Patrons
We offer a risk-free guarantee to exchange, credit, donate or refund tickets should Covid-19 cancel
performances or prevent your attendance.
Health & Safety Protocols
Following CDC guidelines and in consultation with area doctors, Skylight Music Theatre is implementing health and safety protocols in order to present live music theatre as safely as possible.
- Patrons, staff and volunteers are required to wear face masks that cover their mouth and nose at all times while in the building.
Entering the Theatre
- Any patron, staff or volunteer who is feeling ill is asked to stay home.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to be prepared to await outside if necessary.
- When entering the theatre on Broadway, patrons will follow signs to enter through either the north or south doors.
Touchless Ticket Scanning
- Patrons will be directed to self-scan tickets when entering the lobby area.
In the Theatre
- Skylight Music Theatre is limiting the number of tickets sold to reduce theatre capacity.
- Patrons will be seated in family groups and distanced from the next group or individual to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Skylight has installed see-through plexiglass barriers in box seats in the orhetra, dress circle, and gallery for patron safety.
- Seating in the first row has been removed to provide safety for performers and audiences.
- When possible, shows will be presented without intermissions.
- Patrons can feel free to exit their seats, even during the performance, in order to use restrooms. With limited seating capacity, patrons should have easier access to leave their seats.
- Beverages are not allowed in the theatre.
Entering & Exiting the Theatre
- Coat check is currently unavailable.
- There will be fewer ushers. Signage will help patrons locate their seats.
- After the performance, theatre exiting will take place by rows, starting from the back.
Before & After the Show
- While waiting in the bar or restroom areas, patrons will follow social distancing requirements and remain six feet apart.
- Food, drink and beverage service are currently unavailable.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned with increased deep cleaning procedures.
- Between performances, an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer will be used in seating areas.
Video and Streaming
- Streaming and recording options will be available for select titles. Digital recording rights are subject to approval by show licensors.
- At this time, digital recording is confirmed for Fledermaus MKE.
Safety Guidelines for Staff and Artists
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Staff and performers are required to wear masks in the building, including during rehearsals.
- Rehearsals will begin virtually.
- Backstage production processes will be adjusted to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Social distancing and other safety protocols are in place for all activities in the theatre, both onstage and backstage.
- Personnel are following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.
These Health and Safety Protocols have been reviewed by Anna Huppler, MD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin, to confirm that Skylight Music Theatre is following all CDC guidelines.
Revised November 23, 2020