Explore Our Neighborhood
The Skylight Music Theatre is located in Milwaukee's Third Ward, a vibrant arts district just south of downtown and blocks from the lakefront. If you're preparing for a visit to the Skylight, plan your experience with these tips on getting here, parking nearby, finding lunch or dinner, and even choosing a hotel if you're staying the night.
Location & Directions
Skylight Music Theatre is located in Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward, south of downtown and blocks from the lakefront. Below are general directions to the theatre and the Third Ward neighborhood.
From the South: Heading north on I-43/94, take the I-794 East exit, and then exit at Van Buren/Jackson St. (left hand exit). Turn right (south) at end of ramp to St. Paul Avenue, then continue south to Chicago St., and turn right (west). Proceed for two blocks, then turn left (South) at Broadway. We are on the left side of the street at the corner.
From the West: Take I-94 East to I-794 East, exit at Jackson St. (left hand exit). Turn right (south) at end of ramp to St. Paul Avenue, then continue south to Chicago St., and turn right (west). Proceed for two blocks, then turn left (South) at Broadway. We are on the left side of the street at the corner.
The Broadway Theatre Center does not own or operate any parking lots. Below are a number of parking options.
- The Box Office now sells discounted $5 parking vouchers over the phone or in person for $5 per voucher. We recommend calling the box office in advance to purchase parking vouchers.
- Vouchers are valid for the garage at 212 N. Milwaukee Street, which is about two blocks away
- Valid only 5 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. for evening performances only. The vouchers are not valid for matinees.
- No refunds. Vouchers are not available online or during intermission.
- There are several other nearby parking structures. More information is available at Park Milwaukee.
- There are several after-hours parking spots that can be pre-paid before the show through Spot Hero (PDF).
- Electronic-metered parking is also available near the Broadway Theatre Center:
- Parking Monday–Friday is free after 6 p.m.
- Free 2-hour parking on Saturdays before 6 p.m. and unlimited after 6 p.m.
- Free parking on Sundays
Food & Drink
Skylight's onsite bar and bistro is open two hours before each performance and at intermission during Cabot Theatre shows.
Located on the second floor of the Broadway Theatre Center, it features a pre-theatre menu by Indulge Wine Room, a Bianchini Experience.
Coming from out of town? There are several great hotels within walking distance or just a short drive away.
310 E. Chicago Street – (414) 291-3970
424 E. Wisconsin Avenue – (414) 273-8222
411 East Mason Street – (414) 272-1937
Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown
300 W. Michigan St. – (414) 294-4122
Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown
648 North Plankinton Avenue – (414) 224-7890
The Iron Horse Hotel
500 W. Florida St. – (414) 374-4766
2308 West Wisconsin Avenue – (414) 342-8400
611 W. Wisconsin Avenue – (414) 273-2950